Please sign up for our newsletter so you will be notified of updates. Thank you! You can download the current version of the prospectus below:
How To Enter
Artists must enter online. All entries must be submitted as digital files. Up to 3 entries are allowed.
- Submit Digital files in jpeg format. Must be at least 1000 pixels at smallest dimension and no larger than 5mb
- Name jpeg files as: LastName, hyphen, title, size EXAMPLE: Jones-Plumeria16x20in.jpg
- Complete site orientation training online or in person prior to participation at the corresponding art creation event.
- Check in online at the event by emailing a photo of artist and artwork from each individual site to email@example.com. Artists are encouraged to post on their own social media accounts as often as they wish, but must send in at least one image with self and work visible in the photo at the location. Use the hashtags #WahiPanaExhibit and #Associationofhawaiiartists
- Complete and submit form by Friday April 5, 2019 including 50 word statement about artist’s experience of the wahi pana at chosen site.
- Pay using Paypal link
Pricing and Deadlines
- AHA members First, Second, and Third Entry—$15 each
- Non-AHA members $55 First Entry 2nd/3rd $15 each
- For selected participants exhibition fee–$15
- Sitting fee (if you do not sign up for a 3.5 shift) $40 (Neighbor island friends exempt)
Shipping address for mailed in
Association of Hawaii Artists
PO Box 22274
Honolulu HI 96823
Selection and Notification
Entries will reviewed and selected online by the Curator and team.
Entries must be submitted online (11:59 pm HST) April 5 2019.
Selection Shipping Address TBD
Entrants will be notified by April 15, 2019 via email or phone of acceptance or non-acceptance. The results will not otherwise be made public until they are published on the www.wahi-pana.com. Upon notification of acceptance, payment for catalog fee and signup for sitting schedule must be done no later than April 30, 2019. A sitting fee will be incurred by any artist not selecting and fulfilling their shift.
All pieces selected for inclusion in the show must be professionally presented. In addition, you may select what best suits your work of art in one of the following two options: framed or unframed. Three-dimensional pieces should come with ready to be hung or set upon pedestals with no extra hardware or special installation requirements. All artwork should be ready to install. See FAQ for more specific requirements in frame choice, matt color, etc.